Saturday, December 24, 2011

More of YOU and Less of me

I remember singing this song in Church as a teenager. Clueless and Naive, I couldnt grasp the reality of the words "More of You and Less of me."
 I do now.
I have come to believe that being a wife and mother is one of the most humbling jobs on the planet.
Its not just because I clean toilets and floors, or because I have scrubbed puke, snot, pee, breast milk and poop off of beds, floors, couches, walls, ceilings, car floors/seats, and anything else you can imagine. I have also been covered in all of those things.
Yes, I am in charge of the household nastiness & I am to somehow make it all look pretty:)

Its mainly because I have realized in this job that I am not very patient, nice, loving, or selfless. This is a painful reality but not one I will accept. I need more of Jesus and less of Shannon every single day!

My attitude is not always pleasant, I thank God that he didnt give us the abililty to read minds.
Shamefully, my family of 5 has seen the worst in me.
However, I know that Gods strength is made perfect in my weakness! I cling to that and depend on that with all my breath in my lowest points.
My prayer today and every day forever is that I will not be who I am today, tomorrow. I  am a work in progress...no more no less.
In order for me to find pure joy in an every day job that can me taxing and hard. I need to cling to Jesus. I need His patience and love.
When I look to Him for strength, I am truly able to LOVE LOVE what I do and LOVE my family in a way that brings honor to God and puts a smile on their face. No complaining, no short tempers...life is in beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I first learned that song at BCC on Beach Blvd. Up till then the songs that prevailed in my life was I can't get no satisfaction, or I Me Mine etc. I still struggle with myself but I praise Him for all He does for us! Thanks for your honesty Shannon! Its interesting as I was hiking this morning the words "A lot of less is more to bless" came into my head. You can use that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon You have a pure soul! It is a breath of fresh air to women all over that you put yourself... failures and triumphs out there for all to see. It makes women like me see that we are normal for struggling and failing daily :), but that thru God's wonderful GRACE we are made pure...and we all are a Work In Progress!!!May God bless your blog to encourage many in there walk with Christ!!!For me to live is Christ and to die is gain:)

    ReplyDelete