Thursday, January 5, 2012

2nd Chance

It was only a week ago that I rushed my precious Stella to the ER after Poison control told me to get her there ASAP because she drank around 40ml of Albuterol. I have had to call poison control numerous times for this little person. Some of the items on her consumption list include: toothepaste, deodrant, neosporin, All Purpose cleaner (thank God it was All natural), chapstick, hydrocortizone cream, random berries at the park, and poop. Yes, her poop and a some unknown dog poop. Yes, I watch her and dont let her just "roam" the house, and yes she does this right under my nose. She's quick and quiet but does mass desctruction in minutes just like the Stealth Bomber.
Last Thursday was no different, I had taken her to the batheroom and I walked out before her assuming she would follow me to the living room. Our house is small so there arent many place to go. Instead, she took a detour to the kitchen, took her stool, climbed up onto the counter to get the medicine left on the high counter from just 30 min. before. It took just 2 minutes....thats all. It was quiet and she was not around so I went into the kitchen to check on her only to find her cute cheeks filled with her 2nd helping of Albuterol.
By Gods Grace she escaped this emergency with a temporary speedy heart rate, high blood sugar, and dangerously low potassium. She is fine now! Praise God! Aaron and I made her sleep with us that night and haven't stopped kissing her round face since.
Its funny though, this past week Stella has had an extra hop in her step, and she has been extremely affectionate since then. She tells each family member multiple times a day that she, "Loves us sooo much!" Her eyes are brighter and her smile bigger! Its as if she knows she got a 2nd chance at life.
It got me thinking, why is it that we have to get sick, or have someone around us battle cancer, or pass away for us to wake up and enjoy each day?
My heart broke as I read about another child who went to be with the Lord today after a fierce battle with cancer. I am blessed to know others who have battled cancer and won. Their outlook and joy inspires me! They all say the same thing...they look at life differently and live differently. They appreciate all the little things we all take for granted daily.
I want to live my life differently now...not just in tragedy. I want to love people and appreciate every little thing in my life now...not then. I believe that is how God desires us to live.
I challenge you to search your heart for those who you have held forgiveness from, and ask God to give you the strength to forgive them. You are only hurting yourself, and bitterness can be smelled a mile away. It sends off a stench that repells anyone to get close to you.
Love those God has graciously placed in your care with all your heart as the priviledge it is, and live your life every day dont just EXIST. You were created for a purose, so ask God to show you what it is, and DO IT!
God has you here, today, so fulfill your purpose and let go of whatever it is that you feel you have the "right" to hold onto. I am not saying this will be easy, it wont. It is only possible through Jesus Christ to truly forgive and let bitterness go. It is only through Him that I have been able to forgive certain people in my life, and when I did it was extremely liberating.
Do it now, dont delay, for tomorrow is promised to no one.

1 comment: