Sunday, January 15, 2012

Set Free

Watch this video first before you read my thoughts...
http://www.mybibledevotional.com/2009/04/guilty-murderer-set-free.html#.TxOuIfY7X_o.google


Do you identify with this man…Barabbas?! I do.

I may not be a murderer, but I have been guilty of hatred.

I may not be a liar, but I have been guilty of lying.

I may not be a thief, but I have taken things that weren’t mine.

I may not worship idols, but I have been guilty of worshiping other things besides my Savior.


This guilty man went free while the innocent Christ died in his place. Un-fair right?

The truth is, we all crucified Jesus that day. Barabbas was just the first example to be used in this God ordained Crucifixion. The Bible tells us that through one man sin entered the world (Adam), and through one righteous man (Jesus) sin would leave this world.

 Sadly, even though I know what Christ did for me and I love him so, I will continue to be broken, guilty, and a sinner for the rest of my life. But Jesus stands next to me every time others have wanted to put me on trial. It’s as if I rise to take my defense in front of the righteous God, and Jesus instantly gets up and stands next to me. I picture my sin read out loud in my shame. He firmly and graciously says to our Father, “Shannon is mine! “ The room falls quiet.  I wait for a cross examination, but the room remains silent. The room is filled with my accusers, and they came to see a just sentence given, but instead they witnessed Grace. This scenario doesn’t happen once or twice in our lifetime, but it happens often. It is a plight we all face every single day.


If you have Jesus then you have to know that He stands with you. You don’t have to carry shame. You don’t have to live under the power of addiction, and you no longer have to face judgement…ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment